SHAPE America believes that organized sport and physical activity programs should be conducted and coached by individuals with the requisite knowledge of positive youth development.
To help youth and interscholastic sport coaches, coach educators and sport researchers, we offer a broad array of programs, products and services, including:
- Accreditation for coaching education and sport management programs through the National Council for Accreditation of Coaching Education (NCACE) and the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA)
- National Standards for Sport Coaches
- Professional development through the annual National Coaching Conference
- Online resources through our Coach's Toolbox
- The International Sport Coaching Journal, a publication that advances the field of coaching through research articles, informative essays, experiential accounts, and systematic applications that enhance the education, development of knowledge and leadership, and best practices of coaches.