- When and where is the conference taking place?
July 31-August 1, 2019
Convention Center at the Denny Sanford Premier Center
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- How many people are expected to attend the conference?
300 attendees are expected from across the nation for this inaugural event!
- Where can I find the conference schedule?
A final program of all sessions is now available!
- What is the appropriate attire, and what should I pack?
Presenters should dress in business casual attire. Aside from presenting, dress is casual. Dress for outside activities/dining are at the discretion of the individual.
- What equipment will be provided in the presentation rooms?
If requested on the proposal submission, screens, LCD projectors, and microphones (if it is a larger room) will be provided. CD/DVD players, extension cords, laptops, and laser pointers are NOT provided by SHAPE America.
- Is there a PowerPoint template that attendees should be using?
No, the presentation template and session arrangement are at the discretion of the presenter(s).
- How and when do I upload handouts?
Presenters will upload corresponding handouts before their presentation. Specific instructions will be emailed to the presentation planner approximately a month prior to the conference.
- What types of sessions are being offered?
Conference topics, sessions, and program area categories can be found here.
- Is there an exhibit hall? How can I be an exhibitor/sponsor?
Click here for all information!
- Can I earn CEUs or CHES credits at the conference?
Yes, attendees can earn SHAPE America Contact Hours or CHES credits. In order to be granted credit, CEU and CHES packets will need to be purchased (either online when registering for the conference or on-site), completed, and turned in prior to leaving the conference. Credits will be evaluated, and certificates will be issued via email up to a month after the conclusion of the conference.
- How do I view or edit a proposal submission?
SHAPE America is happy to make any necessary changes to your proposal. Please email [email protected] and formally request to have your proposal modified and/or scanned to view. Please provide your reference ID# and proposal title in the email.
- My proposal was accepted, but I can no longer present. What is the cancellation/withdrawal policy?
Please contact SHAPE America via email at [email protected] and formally request to have your proposal withdrawn. Please provide your reference ID# and proposal title in the email. After a formal withdrawal, your submission cannot be resubmitted for consideration.
Nearing the conference, every situation will be handled on a case-by-case basis. No-show and late cancellations will be recorded and may impact future acceptance decisions.
- When will I find out the day and time of when I present?
The SHAPE America team is currently finalizing specific dates and times for each session and will notify proposal planners via email soon.
- Can I request a specific date and time to present?
Upon submission of your proposal, it is outlined that you and your presenters must be available anytime during the week of the scheduled conference (July 31st - August 1st). Therefore, we do not accept requests for specific programming dates.
- How do I register for the conference?
Visit the conference webpage for all registration details.
- What is the registration price and deadline?
Register by June 5, 2019 and save up to $50! View all registration rates here.
- What is the cancellation deadline and policy for registration?
All cancellations must be received by email to [email protected] at least 14 days prior to the start of the event. A $25 processing fee applies to all cancellations. After this date, NO REFUNDS will be issued.
- Are there registration or speaker stipends available for SEL presenters?
At this time, SHAPE America does not offer reduced registration fees or speaker stipends to attend the conference.
- Are meals included with my registration fee?
Lunch will be provided both Wednesday and Thursday.
- Where should I make hotel reservations, and how do I reserve a hotel room?
All housing information can be found here.
- When is the deadline to reserve a hotel room?
The hotel reservation cut-off date is June 30, 2019.
- Falls Park
- 123 acre park with waterfalls, historic buildings and sculptures, trails, and a café with picnic tables
- In the visitor center, there is a free observation tower that offers a panoramic view of the city and park.
- The easiest way to get there is “Phillips to the Falls,” a walking/driving route down Phillips Avenue from 5th Street to Falls Park.
- The River Greenway
- 26 miles of paved trails that weave through downtown, the Big Sioux River, and Falls Park
- You can rent bikes for the trail at Nyberg's Ace (downtown location) and Spoke-N-Sport.
- Strawbale Winery
- Known for its unique tasting room constructed out of straw bales and its beautiful farm setting
- The Summer Porch Series is a fun-filled evening with live music, art, food, and wine! The event takes place on Thursdays from 5-8pm.
- Sculpture Walk
- Each year, 50 new sculptures are loaned to the exhibit for one year. Look for a ballot box on Phillips Avenue; vote for your favorite sculpture to be in the running towards “People’s Choice Award” and kept in the city’s permanent collection!
- The Arc of Dreams is a new sculpture that will be completed in May. It spans over the Big Sioux River – you can’t miss it!
- The 80th Annual Sioux Empire Fair is happening August 2nd-August 10th. Find more information here.
- Friday, August 2nd
- There is a downtown block party starting at 5:30pm and admission is free! Find more information here.
- The Greatest Show on H2O is a water-skiing comedy adventure with amazing stunts! The event starts at 7pm at Catfish Bay Water Ski Park.
- Saturday, August 3rd
- Outdoor University is an annual event that allows you try outdoor skills like canoeing, fishing, archery, shooting, outdoor cooking and more! There will be food trucks all day and admission is free!
- Sioux Falls Trolley
- The cost is $2/day. There are designated stops downtown and at Falls Park. Click here for operating schedule.
- The Sioux Area Metro
- Has 11 routes covering Sioux Falls and most attractions! View rates, routes, and schedules here.
- Lyft is available
*Sioux Falls Regional Airport (FSD) is less than 10 minutes to downtown!
To get to and from the airport:
- Taxi Service
- Rental Car Service