Welcome to Midwest District
SHAPE America Midwest District serves members in:
View Midwest District Leaders
News and Announcements
- Read the Midwest District Action Plan.
- Midwest District has been working hard on the development and implementation of the 2021 Strategic Plan. The consists of six goals including focus on
President Patty Kestell (WI) and the District Leadership Council have been meeting monthly to support the work of the district. Infrastructure to unite communication efforts through social media across the states has been a primary goal.
- Equity/Diversity/Inclusion (EDI);
- Professional Development;
- Promotion of Health.Moves.Minds/Social Emotional Literacy;
- Continued Excellence in Administration of MW Awards Program;
- Extension of the Midwest District Professional Mentorship Programs.
- In support of teachers facing the challenges of COVID-19 in schools, three Midwest District states (Michigan, Illinois and Ohio) have offered virtual conferences that have been very well received and attended. Several states across the district are virtual training to facilitate the efforts of teachers focusing on tools such as See Saw, FlipGrid, Loomis, Best Practice in Virtual PE and Re-Entry Plans. Midwest has promoted each event through social media.
- A pilot program in 2019, efforts to expand the Midwest District Professional Mentorship Program in 2020 will be led by Dr. Deb Sazama who initiated the program in Wisconsin. The MW Leadership Council is in the midst identifying key players in each state to help reach future professionals and create networking opportunities for mentors at all levels of education.
- Congratulations to the 2020 Award Recipients!
- Welcome Andro Barnett, Rhonda Hovatter, Andrew Eberline, Mark Foellmer to the Leadership Council
- Thanks to Cheri Welch and Rick Ferkel for your service to MW
- Award Nominations and Leadership Council Nominations open!