Central District is one of five SHAPE America districts, dedicated to serving members and furthering the purposes of the organization within the following states:
South Dakota, and
If you’re a SHAPE America member in one of the Central District states, we hope you’ll consider serving as a district volunteer! It’s a great way to get to know other health and physical educators in your region while developing leadership skills and serving the profession.
Contact Central District Director Megan McCollom for more information on how to get involved.
Central District Announcements
Central District Information & Activities
- Selects and honors Central District members through an annual district awards program;
- Uses social media (Facebook and Twitter) to raise visibility of SHAPE America, Central District, and the state affiliate associations within the district;
- Promotes SHAPE America’s health. moves. minds.® program within Central District;
- Advocates for health and physical education using resources from the SHAPE America Legislative Action Center; and
- Provides and promotes professional development opportunities within Central District.