SHAPE America is proud to once again offer the “Send a Teacher” grant for the 2024 SHAPE America National Convention in Cleveland! Our “Send a Teacher” initiative highlights the important role that health and physical education can play in educating all children and ensuring that equality, pride, visibility and justice are always part of the conversation. This initiative was conceptualized by Andy Milne, 2017 National Health Education Teacher of the Year.
Recipients will receive a grant to cover their registration fee to attend the 2024 National Convention & Expo, plus, receive a one-year Select Membership! The SHAPE America National Convention & Expo is the nation’s leading convention for health and physical education professionals! There is no better opportunity to exchange ideas, forge new relationships, and learn from the best of the best in our profession.
Grant Application Details*
- "Send a Teacher" grants are limited.
- Complete the Send a Teacher grant application by December 15, 2023.
- Provide a high-resolution headshot (300 dpi).
- Teachers will be selected in December from submissions to our “Send a Teacher” grant applications.
- SHAPE America staff will reach out to the selected individuals in January 2024.
- All applications will receive follow-up regardless of selection status.
*Individuals selected as grant recipients will be provided a promo code to be used during the registration process. Grant covers only the cost of the convention registration, individuals are responsible for all other associated expenses.
If you have any questions about the Send a Teacher application, please reach out to [email protected].