SHAPE America seeks enthusiastic volunteers to assist at the 2024 National Convention & Expo, the premier event for health and physical educators. To pull off an event of this magnitude, it’s all hands on deck! Our volunteers are an integral component to our convention’s success.
Each year, SHAPE America is fortunate to work with numerous volunteers, and this year, our goal is to provide an opportunity for even more individuals to contribute to another successful event!
On site, our volunteers serve in a variety of roles including, but not limited to:
- Monitoring session rooms – greeting speakers, ensuring AV/equipment is set, reporting any issues to SHAPE America staff, and providing an estimated attendance for assigned rooms/sessions
- Managing activity equipment – organizing, delivering, and retrieving activity equipment for all activity sessions
- Preparing materials for attendees – stuffing attendee bags with all inserts, ensuring all handouts are dropped on seats at major events like the Opening/Closing General Session, lectures, etc.
- Welcoming attendees and assisting with registration crowd management – greeting attendees as they enter the facility and directing them to the appropriate registration booth and/or Program Operations
- Assisting exhibitors for their demos – greeting exhibitors and assisting them with set-up/dismantling of exhibitor demos in the exhibit hall at their scheduled time
In exchange for serving six (6) volunteer hours before, during and/or after the event (during self-selected timeslots/volunteer opportunities from March 11 through March 16, 2024), individuals selected as volunteers will receive:
- $150 off Professional Registration* or $120 off Student Registration*
- Volunteer T-shirt
- $10 Merchandise Voucher for the SHAPE America Resource Center (SHAPE America’s booth in the exhibit hall)
- Complimentary drink ticket to be used at the Opening Celebration
*Individuals selected as volunteers will be provided a promo code to be used during the registration process to discount the cost of registration to the appropriate amount.
Volunteer opportunities are limited. If you are interested in volunteering for the 2024 SHAPE America National Convention & Expo in Cleveland, Ohio, please take a few minutes to express your interest in being considered as be a #SHAPECleveland volunteer by filling out the appropriate interest form below. The SHAPE America Convention Team will reach out to selected individuals regarding available opportunities in early 2024. All participants will receive follow-up regardless of selection status. We will select volunteers on a rolling basis, with the notification process commencing on December 1st. While we appreciate everyone's interest, priority will be given to college and university students, teachers at Title I schools, and first-time attendees.
Thank you for your interest in serving as a #SHAPECleveland volunteer! If you have any questions about volunteering, please reach out to the SHAPE America Convention Team at [email protected].
#SHAPECleveland Group Volunteer Interest Form
Please complete the form below if you are a university faculty member interested in having a group of your students volunteer and attend the 2024 SHAPE America National Convention & Expo.
#SHAPECleveland Individual Volunteer Interest Form
Please complete the form below to indicate your interest in serving as a volunteer at the 2024 SHAPE America National Convention & Expo.