FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
SHAPE America Introduces All-New Standards-Based Online Learning for K-12 Health and Physical Educators
RESTON, VA, July 27, 2017 — K-12 health and physical education teachers looking to elevate their teaching and advance their careers are being introduced today to all-new standards-based online learning by SHAPE America – Society of Health and Physical Educators. Through the SHAPE America Online Institute
, teachers will be able to:
- Find targeted webinars and courses of interest in just seconds using the powerful search and browse functionality;
- Uncover new learning opportunities with the recommended courses and related items features; and
- Track their online professional development and contact hours in one place from the user-friendly dashboard.
"SHAPE America has been a trusted provider of effective health and physical education resources for more than 130 years," says SHAPE America President Fran Cleland of West Chester University. "Not only do our National Standards for K-12 Physical Education serve as the foundation for PE programs across the country, but they also serve as the foundation for all of our professional development. I invite all health and physical education teachers to visit our new Online Institute to see how earning and tracking contact hours has never been easier."
To introduce the new Online Institute, SHAPE America is offering a FREE webinar: Keeping Recess in Schools.The live webinar will take place on Wednesday, August 2 from 3-4 pm EDT. Join the webinar to:
- Learn about the benefits of recess;
- Receive an overview of recess resources from SHAPE America and the CDC, including Strategies for Recess in Schools and Recess Planning in Schools: A Guide to Putting Strategies for Recess into Practice; and
- Discover how schools can use various strategies to enhance their recess program and increase students' physical activity.
For those unable to join live, they can still register and view the archived webinar in the Online Institute at any time.
From webinars to interactive courses, the new SHAPE America Online Institute delivers self-paced, effective professional development for K-12 health and physical educators that will advance their skills, help them stay on top of new and changing practices and policies as well as enhance their understanding of standards-based concepts.
To learn more about the growing course catalog, visit SHAPE America Online Institute.
About SHAPE America
SHAPE America - Society of Health and Physical Educators is committed to ensuring all children have the opportunity to lead healthy, physically active lives. As the nation's largest membership organization of health and physical education professionals, SHAPE America works with its 50 state affiliates and national partners to support initiatives such as the Presidential Youth Fitness Program, Let's Move! Active Schools and the Jump Rope For Heart/Hoops For Heart programs.
Since its founding in 1885, the organization has defined excellence in physical education, and our resources provide the leadership, professional development and advocacy that support health and physical educators at every level - from preschool to university graduate programs. For more information, visit www.shapeamerica.org.