Dates & Location
April 26-30, 2022
New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
900 Convention Center Blvd
New Orleans, LA 70130
The SHAPE America National Convention & Expo is the leading professional development opportunity for health and physical education professionals — from preK–12 educators who teach our country’s youth about the benefits of living a healthy, physically active lifestyle, to university professors who conduct much-needed research and teach our industry’s future professionals.
Who Should Attend?
- K-12 educators
- PETE/HETE professionals
- School/District Administrators
- Researchers in HPE related fields
- HPE Coordinators at the district and state level
- Students of PETE/HETE programs
- Health Education - to include health promotion (such as staff wellness, self-care for educators, community health, etc.)
- Physical Education - to include dance within PE programs and adapted physical education
- Physical Activity - to include coaching, coaching education, dance outside of PE programs and adapted physical activity
- Professional Preparation - to include pre-service teacher education and college/university physical activity programs
- Research in the following categories:
- Adapted Physical Education/Activity
- Exercise Sciences
- Measurement And Evaluation
- Motivation And Psychology
- Motor Behavior
- Physical Activity And Health Promotion
- Sociocultural And Social Justice
- Sport And Coaching
- Teaching And Learning
As of March 18, 2022, the city of New Orleans has updated the requirements for all attendees, exhibitors, sponsors, volunteers, vendors, and staff attending the 2022 SHAPE America National Convention & Expo.
Visitors will no longer be required to provide proof of full vaccination or a recent negative test.
SHAPE America encourages attendees to wear a mask at the 2022 SHAPE America National Convention & Expo (unless actively consuming food or beverages), but masks are not required.
Current COVID-19 guidelines for the City of New Orleans can be found here.
*As of March 23, 2022
In accordance with the City of New Orleans these requirements may change at any time.